It's not too big...it's not too small...let's hope it's just right
When I met Tom last May, 2017, he was the proud owner of a large Recreational Vehicle (I now know that's what you call the type of vehicle that does not have it's own motor - they are "motorhomes"). I was in awe, but honestly thought that it was way toooo big for ease of driving, economical use and for two persons. It was bought when he and Ollie realized that life in the city of Victoria was a tad more pricey than most people realize and if you have a dog, no matter how fabulous he might be, not many landlords want you. So as a "home on wheels" Tom's 29 foot 5th wheel was wonderfully comfortable, a small condo; but I knew, and so did Tom, that something smaller was in order for our proposed trip.
So in the winter, while on vacation in Mexico, Tom saw the trailer of his dreams and after a few weeks of waiting for us to patiently return, the previous owners helped us to learn why we would find the 16 foot Coast MVP trailer just right for our needs. With a "new to Tom" truck, a more economical Ford 150, and a bike rack mounted on the rear, here we were ready for our first shakedown trip to Seal Bay RV Park.
Shakedown trips are a must. I practiced how to cook, wash dishes, use the bathroom with shower and how to pack the most into the least space. All things that brought back memories of a sailboat life a long time ago.....
I like to think we went "glamping". In the rain....but isn't that what you expect on the 'wet coast".
So in the winter, while on vacation in Mexico, Tom saw the trailer of his dreams and after a few weeks of waiting for us to patiently return, the previous owners helped us to learn why we would find the 16 foot Coast MVP trailer just right for our needs. With a "new to Tom" truck, a more economical Ford 150, and a bike rack mounted on the rear, here we were ready for our first shakedown trip to Seal Bay RV Park.
Shakedown trips are a must. I practiced how to cook, wash dishes, use the bathroom with shower and how to pack the most into the least space. All things that brought back memories of a sailboat life a long time ago.....
I like to think we went "glamping". In the rain....but isn't that what you expect on the 'wet coast".
So with the one trip under my belt, numerous backing up practices under Tom's, new tires and a lot of handy-dandy gadgets and storage bins in their places...I realized that what likely is the best reason to have one of these driveway blocking vehicles parked is to go to new places and see new things and meet new people...that's what we're about to do!
Comments
Post a Comment